In addition, young scientists will be able to participate in hacking and security contests, and they will have the best seats at the CTF contest. And, of course, they will be warmly welcomed as members of the PHDays community. The most outstanding research will be singled out for a special prize.
The competition is designed for students, postgraduates, and young scientists who conducted studies based on various topics:
- Hackers' New Targets: from audio baby monitors and pacemakers to nuclear power plants
- Privacy and trade secrets protection in the days of PRISM, Snowden and Assange
- Computer forensics against targeted APT attacks and cyber spying
- Fresh approach to intrusion detection and prevention
- Methods of struggle against DDoS attacks
- ERP systems and business applications security
- Business data protection (BYOD, MDM, DLP)
- Countering attacks against web applications
- Protecting virtual corporate and private clouds
- Applied cryptography
- Security of government information systems and E-government
- Techniques and tools for physical security
- Protection of ICS/SCADA: securing industrial systems and modern cities
For the first time, scientists from outside Russia are invited to participate in PHDays Young School. Finalists of the competition will get an invitation to Positive Hack Days IV and the forum organizers will pay for the flight and offer support with accommodation.
PHDays Young School made its debut in 2012. Representatives of universities from Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg and Taganrog became finalists then.
Young School was held for the second time during PHDays III in 2013. Among the winners were researchers from Tomsk, St. Petersburg and Taganrog. Twenty reports were examined during the competition last year. The authors of four presented their work at PHDays III: Andrey Iskhakov (Tomsk), Andrey Chechulin (St. Petersburg), Nikolay Tkachenko (Tomsk) and Ksenia Tsyganok (Taganrog).
Join the competition! Please read the requirements for the abstracts and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2014.