The previous forum held in 2012 brought together 1,500 information security specialists from all over the world. More than 50 reports, workshops, seminars, and round tables took place there. The most significant representatives of the IS industry such as Bruce Schneier and Datuk Mohd Noor Amin, the chairman of IMPACT, were among the speakers. For the first time Alexander Gostev from Kaspersky Lab gave a detailed account of Flame, and Haythem El Mir spoke about the confrontation between Tunisia and Anonymous. The participants of PHDays 2012 successfully hacked Apple iPhone, Windows XP, and FreeBSD; tried themselves in money stealing from simulated ATMs and remote banking systems and in capturing control over industrial projects via SCADA.
If you want to share your experience, research results or demonstrate your skills, then we will be waiting for you in Moscow at the end of May 2013. Without you the forum will fell through!
- Report (50 minutes)
- Fast Track (15-30 minutes)
- Hands-on Lab (up to 4 hours)
Send your applications to the address: email@example.com.
There are no strict restrictions for participants: anyone from a novice to a recognized expert in information security can be a speaker. Our goal is to facilitate animated, informal communication between all representatives of the information security industry. The main requirements are an interesting topic concerning information security, novelty and urgency of the issues under consideration, professionalism and competence.
The organizers will consider every single application and select the best ones.
Themes of the reports should be relevant to information security. We are mostly interested in the following topics:
- Security of critical information systems
- Fraud management
- Cybercrimes and investigation of incidents
- National and corporate security in the WikiLeaks epoch
- Cyberwar and cyber spying
- Protection of cloud computing and virtual infrastructure
- Prevention of 0-day attacks
- Protection against DDoS
- Applied cryptography
- Security of industrial control systems (SCADA)
- Security of business applications and ERP
- Communication network security
- Application security
If your report does not concern any of the above topics but covers some other aspect of information security, and you believe it will be interesting for the community, please, feel free to apply.
Attention! We will not accept reports aimed at promoting certain products, services, or companies.
Participation application should contain the following information:
Information about the speaker:
- First and last name
- CV (educational and professional background, titles, main professional achievements)
- Residence (country, city)
- Contact information (telephone number, email)
Information about the report:
- Brief summary (500 characters)
- Detailed outline
- Report status (whether it was published previously, where)
- Demos, utilities, 0-day vulnerabilities, and etc.
We highly encourage and will favor submissions that contain any of the following information: tool, slides, whitepaper.
It is desirable that the reports be in Russian or English.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us your application with all the required information.
The applications for participation as a speaker will be accepted in two stages:
- The first stage is from October 29, 2012 to January 27, 2013
- The second stage is from February 18, 2013 to April 14, 2013
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional information, contact us at email@example.com.
After all applications are considered, the potential participants will receive letters with the results.
TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION
The organizers will partially or fully pay for the transportation and accommodation of the speakers (the organizers' share is considered individually for each participant).
We guarantee all the participants two days of a good mood, interesting people, and new experience.
We are waiting for your applications!